This page collects reviews of the family friendly accommodation, tours and gear we use during our travels. We travel at our own expenses and occasionally receive hospitality or tickets to attractions for the purpose of a review: when that happens, you will find a clear disclosure in the relevant post. In all cases, we bring you our honest, unbiased opinion as we want to be, for you, a trustworthy and reliable source of information for all things family travel.
I consider myself a bit of a fussy buyer. I have always been a minimalist at heart and especially after having children I developed a real intolerance for clutter and anything I feel takes up space without giving much back.
Living in a reasonably wealthy European country, this fight against clutter is often hard: tempting shop windows attract me with their colours, lights and promises of consumer heavenly experiences, but after buying a lot of stuff that ended up in the rubbish, I now take to shopping a more disciplined approach. Before buying, I put in a good bit of research to see if the product or the service I am looking for is really good for me and since I started doing this, I saved myself money, clutter induced headaches and I even saved the planet from additional rubbish!
Since I do this research anyway, I decided to open this section of the blog to share my opinion on products, services and providers I have personally tested and consider reliable. I understand that this is, by nature, a personal list, but I do hope you will find the reviews useful and give a mix of practical information and personal experience that will help you make up your mind.
This page is newly born and some of the links to product reviews are not active yet. Please come often to check what’s new!
I look for sustainability, practicality and value for money.
- Wispy wafers
- Deuter Kikki
- Trunki children luggage
- The Adventurous Mailbox
- Omy Colouring Rolls
- Travelove City Kits
- Dublinia museum, Dublin, Ireland
- Trinity College Library, Dublin, Ireland
- Explora children Museum, Rome, Italy
- Japanese Gardens, Co. Kildare, Ireland
- Greenan Maze and Farm, Co. Wicklow, Ireland
- Dublin Bay cruise, Dublin, Ireland
- The Ferrari experience, Florence, Italy
- Thomas Land, UK
- Macaco Tour Treasure Hunt, Venice, Italy
- Wanderjack, Venice Tour, Italy
- Rome 4 kids, pizza making class, Rome, Italy
- Rome 4 kids, Family Tour of the Vatican Museums, Vatican city
Family friendly, local accommodation ideas
- Campo di Carlo, agriturismo, Tuscany (Italy)
- Pucci Country House, Umbria (Italy)
- Eco- camping Inch Hideaway, Cobh (Ireland)
- Drayton Manor Hotel, Tamworth (UK)
- ME Reina Victoria Hotel Madrid (Spain)
- Paradu Eco-Resort (Italy)
- Brooklodge Hotel (Ireland)