Lava Brightsounds 2 review: handy Usb portable speaker and lamp perfect for camping and outdoor living.
Do you listen to music, while you travel? Our family always seem to have music on, may it be in the car while road tripping around Tuscany, camping with the kids, or in the backyard of our home exchange home, where the kids play while I busy myself in the kitchen.
Music is the soundtrack of our holidays and when we come back home, playing songs from our trip is a way of bringing back a morsel of that time together, an impression of summer that makes the holiday feel last a little longer.
When travelling, the easiest way to carry music with us is to have a playlist on our phones but we often got frustrated by the quality of the sound and limited sound power.
We were, therefore, delighted when we discovered BrightSounds 2, a portable Bluetooth speaker and ambient light power bank.
Please note: this post contains affiliate links and, should you make a purchase through them, we might make a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Please note: as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases
Disclaimer: we were given a BrightSounds 2 for the purpose of this review. Opinions are, as always, our own and reflect our personal experience of the product.
BrightSounds 2 review
1. What is it?
Brightsounds 2 is a portable Bluetooth speaker, a loudspeaker that you can connect to your phone or tablet without a wire to enhance the quality and the volume of your music.
The object itself is small enough (about 8×12 cm) and has a few features:
- As a loudspeaker, it connects easily to your phone or tablet via Bluetooth (no need to download apps or anything of the sort). It has easy control buttons on top and a good quality sound output
- It has a built-in LED light, which makes it perfect for evenings out or for camping
- It is water resistant
- It has a leather strap for portability – my daughter is particularly fond of it as she can pretend it’s a little bag!
- It also works as a power bank, which is priceless for anyone like us, forever fighting against low battery levels on our phones due to kids’ overuse!
Key features and technical specs
This info is taken from the creator’s website:
- Bluetooth Speaker – Connect any smart device quickly and easily via Bluetooth or use the 3.5mm aux-in for all other devices
- Ambient LED Light
- USB Phone/Tablet Charging
- Powerful Lithium-ion Battery – Enjoy fantastic performance with music and light for up to 36 hours.Rugged Design – IPX4 Water Resistance and hardened polymer shell
- Vibrant Colour Choices: Blue, Green, Mustard, Pink and Teal
- Functions: Bluetooth, Speaker, Power Bank, Night Light
- Radio Frequencies: N/A
- Antenna: N/A
- Speakers: Single Stereo Speaker (5 W Total output power)
- Bluetooth: Yes
- 3.5mm Aux-in: Yes
- USB charging port Yes
- Operational voltage: DC 5V
- Power consumption: 1 W
- Batteries: Lithium -ion Battery
- Weight:0.624 Kg
- Warranty: 1 Year
How does it work?
BrightSounds 2 is easy to use. Its box comes with the speaker itself and an USB cord and you can use it straight away as a light and a power bank using the on/off button on top.
Connecting it to your phone is also straight forward. When you want to listen to your music, all you need to do is to switch the speaker on, then on your phone go into your setting -> Bluetooth -> brightsounds and you’re done! Music won’t blare out of your phone but from the speaker, which you can then place pretty much wherever you want (within range).
What we love about it
We have had the BrightSounds 2 for over a week now and we all really like it.
The quality of the sound is excellent, especially considering the portable size of the device, and I find the object itself quite pretty.
I am always on a quest for versatile gear that we can use both at home and while on the road and this one ticks this box perfectly: now it sits proudly in our living room and it is nice to know we can just grab it and go, rather than having it as an extra thing gathering dust while waiting for our next adventure.
It is one of our favorite accessories for camping with kids, as an easy way to add light and music to our evening.
I also like the fact that it works as a power bank.
Our kids are constantly at our phones and between their games and my addiction to social media, it is a pretty common occurrence to find ourselves out of battery in the exact moment when we need it most.
With BrightSounds 2, we have the freedom to just plug the phone in and get it up and running again – personally, I find this versatility a huge plus.
What we love a little less
There is honestly very little I don’t like about it and I am adding this paragraph more for a desire to be thorough in my review than to actually point out any shortcomings of the product.
The BrightSounds2 does exactly what it says on the box and the only thing I can mention is that I had understood from the pictures that the colourful part of the speaker would also light up, while in reality is only the white part of it that makes light.
As I said, this is not a problem and has more to do with me misunderstanding the photos than the product itself but since we are nitpicking, I thought I’d mention!